In padel as many sports has it own rules with the official regulations, but here we describe the fundamentals rules to get started in this fantastic and fun sport.
If you can´t find what are you looking for, you can SOLVE YOUR DOUBTS yourself in our updated articles with The official padel rules from IPF.
Read more: Today wordle
THE BASIC RULES OF PADEL
basic padel rules
As well as padel tennis only shares with tennis the scoring system, the type of ball and little else, because: the rules, the groundstrokes, the technique, the court and even the equipment is different. Trying to adapt them is the biggest mistake of any begginer player.If you want get lesson then book padel tennis
*NEW, golden point is played when it is 40-40, the team receiving the pitch determines the point play position.
Swap Sides: Occurs when the game’s total is odd (eg 2-1, 3-2, ..).
Exceptionally, the first game of any set (1-0) does not change the field.
Starting Rules: Any player may kick the ball anywhere on the court.
So, if the ball hits the ground before it hits the wall (or fence), the ball/point is considered valid. A player may hit the ball with or without a previous bounce, but always adhere to a maximum of one bounce. After the first bounce, the ball may hit the wall.
As in PADDEL SERVICE
tennis, at each point you have two chances to get the ball in play (“second serve” after the first error, “double error” after the second error for a point loss). The serve is crossed and the ball must jump into the square on that side.
- Drop the ball to the side of the body and serve by hitting it with a racket below waist height when hitting.
- If the ball touches the side rail after the first bounce, it is not considered valid. Instead, he may (though not necessarily) hit a wall or glass.
When the ball hits the net, the following can happen:
- Service Square’s rebound is inconsistent. Service is not valid.
- After the ball hits the opponent’s service square and the first jump hits the fence: The ball is not considered legal.
If the ball bounces in the opponent’s legal square and does not touch the side fence after the first jump or bounces several times before hitting the fence: the service is considered void and the serving team must repeat the service.
DURING PLAY A RETURN IS IF:
- On one shot, the ball rebounds on the other side of the field before it hits the wall or fence on the other side of the field. A ball is also considered correct if it leaves the court after a bounce.
The ball hits the wall (or crystal) of our field and bounces into the opponent’s field.
- Hit by net tape and lands on the opposite field.
Points are lost during a match if:
- Touching the net with a shovel, clothing, or body part during a score dispute.
- We hit the ball and it hit the metal net or the ground in our field.
4.When two players of a pair hit the ball consecutively.
- Accidentally or intentionally touching the ball more than once with the racket.
We hope these basic rules of paddle tennis will get you started in this exciting sport.