How to properly maintain your teeth after teeth whitening?
Are you planning to whiten your teeth in the future, or have you just whitened your teeth? Or, are you going through the process of teeth whitening which is a part of Comprehensive Dental in Canberra? Have a look at some of the useful tips that will help maintain your bright teeth after teeth whitening in Canberra so that you can smile with confidence.
(1) Avoid Eating or drinking staining foods: Experts of Canberra Dentistry offers teeth whitening treatment. After undergoing this treatment, you should stay away from strongly colored beverages which include Tea, Coffee, Red Wine, Pigmented Berries (raspberry, blueberry), and dark-colored sauces.
You should also avoid any other kinds of foods or drinks that can stain a white T-shirt at least 48 hours after undergoing the treatment of teeth whitening in Canberra. Yes, sometimes it becomes quite difficult to avoid eating and drinking substances that can stain your teeth. So, the best way out here is to drink water afterward which will help wash away the food/beverages from your teeth.
Once you avoid these foods or reduce the impacts these foods have on your teeth, it will help keep your teeth white for longer.
(2) Drinking Water: Debris and particles can cause staining of your teeth. Drinking water throughout the day will help remove this debris and particles. This also helps prevent dry mouth which can also cause bad breath.
(3) Smoking/Tobacco: Using tobacco products or Smoking can rapidly re-stain or discolor your teeth. The teeth get discolored as tobacco staining accumulates on the enamel surface of the teeth.
When compared to persons who do not use tobacco products, smokers require more professional teeth whitening sessions or touch-ups, which are an indispensable part of Comprehensive Dental in Canberra, in order to maintain a white smile. Quitting chewing or smoking will not only help improve your overall health but also keep your teeth white.
(4) Oral Hygiene: Removing plaque and buildup from your teeth will prevent staining and help maintain their whiteness.
- Brush twice a day every day.
- Flossing at least once a day
- You can also use whitening toothpaste for one week or two weeks at a time. You can use it as a touch-up that will remove any surface stains that might have accumulated over time.
(5) Regular Visit to the Dentist: Regular visits to a dentist in Canberra for checkups and teeth cleaning are the most effective ways to maintain your white teeth after undergoing teeth whitening treatment. Getting your teeth professionally cleaned will help remove the calculus and stubborn stains that you were unable to remove at home. In this way, you can easily maintain your white smile.
Wisdom Teeth Removal Canberra
Preventive Wisdom Teeth Extraction is a common procedure that comes under Canberra Dentistry performed on patients who do not want to risk having the complications involved in an impacted or an emerging Wisdom Tooth. There are no proven benefits of wisdom teeth in the mouth. So, before they experience the severe pain that comes with erupting wisdom teeth, they prefer to have them removed.
Also, for patients who are experiencing pain in the area, Odontectomy or Wisdom Teeth. Removal Canberra, one of the methods of Canberra Dentistry, is performed to relieve the pain. This pain radiates from the involved tooth of the jaws right to the face.
Wisdom Teeth Removal is also a part of Comprehensive Dental in Canberra. The treatment for Wisdom Teeth Removal in Canberra is as follows:
(1) Consultation and assessment: This is the first important procedure that will help the dentist identify the position of the tooth and how it is angulated. The dentist will perform an X-Ray to make an estimation of the amount of bone reduction if there is a requirement. And also to figure out whether there are important blood vessels and nerves within the vicinity of the involved wisdom tooth.
(2)Extraction: After you start feeling comfortable, the dentist will inject an anesthetic solution which will make the procedure as painless as possible. Pressure during teeth removal is normal but experts of Canberra Dentistry will make sure that you feel more relaxed during the entire process.
(3) Cleaning: The extraction site is cleaned thoroughly to encourage faster and better healing. Stitching the gums in place is also performed to close.The wound and prevent food debris from lodging inside the teeth.
(4) Post Operation Patient Education: You should be well aware of all the dos and don’ts after extraction. You should keep this information in mind as not following them can lead to serious complications. Following the post-extraction protocols along with maintenance of good oral hygiene will.Help heal the wound faster so that you can go on with your daily life.